The next Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion will be held on Friday, March 21, 2014. Further details will be anounced soon.
We opened our blackboard for our bioinformatics and friends community.
- You have something to share? Get it posted on the offerings section.
- You are looking for assistance? Get it posted on the looking for section.
Currently we are managing the board manually. Send your posts to our team and we will publish it after a quick review.
The aim of the Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion is to connect researchers, institutions, students, and all other people interested in the field of bioinformatics. The meetings are indented to bridge gaps between (sub)fields and to enable participants to share experiences and best practice. The Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion takes place approximately twice a year upon prior notification.
The idea for the Round Table Discussion was born at the Bioinformatics Stammtisch at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria in Hagenberg. Our aim was not only to continue this tradition but even to extend it for a wider public.
Our meetings are a good opportunity to
- get informed about current hot topics in the field of bioinformatics
- find collaboration partners
- enjoy the cozy atmosphere of a traditional inn
which means: ... leave your ties or high heels at home!
The evening: two talks (15 min each) and open end discussion.
The organizers do not have any financial interests in the Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion. Therefore the event is and will remain free of charge. We would be happy if you could recommend this meeting to other people who might be interested.
The 6th Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion will take place in Vienna. Take the opportunity to meet people working in the field of bioinformatics, both at university and industry. We would like to cordially invite you to the upcoming session:
6th Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion
Friday, September 20, 2013, at 6.p.m.
Restaurant Palatschinkenpfandl (Kellerstüberl)
1010 Vienna, Austria
Sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim RCV
6 p.m. Start of the Bioinformatics Round Table Discussion
7 p.m. (punctual) Start of the talks
– Manfred Sippl: "Amazing protein folds" (Abstract available: here), Department of Structural Biology and Bioinformatics, University of Salzburg
– Andreas Bernthaler, "Exploring gene expression signatures to predict drug sensitivity in cancer" (Abstract available: here), Cancer Bioinformatics, Boehringer Ingelheim Regional Center Vienna GmbH & Co KG
~8:15 p.m. Networking (open end)